- Plug it in your TV ( if your TV doesn’t support MHL use the USB cable to power it).
- Set up your Wi-Fi connection like on every other android device
- - and you are ready to go
What it can do
With the amazing Smart TV capabilities you can do everything the Android (and Google) ecosystem is offering you. You are able to watch Youtube videos in HD, use Hulu & Netflix (if you live in the US), get the latest news, listen to music on your living room speakers, … and also play the latest games like Minecraft or Angry birds.
There are two different versions of the Equiso Smart TV.
- Android 4.0 ( will every time be updated to the latest version )
- 1Ghz Arm Cortex A5 Processor
- 512 MB DDR3 RAM
- Mali 400 3D Graphics Processor
- 802.11 N wireless radio
- 8 GB Memory Internal
- 1.4 HDMI Plug n’ Play Interface, 3D, ESD protection, CEC ( 1080p Full-HD support)
- USB 2.0 Plug n’ Play Interface
- USB 2.0 Micro – Powering of the Device (For TV’s with no MHL)
- Dimensions 80mm x 30mm x 12mm
- includes 1 GB of Ram
The “Magic” Remote Control
The remote control is a really special thing Equiso has to offer. It is not just an ordinary TV remote control and is also a little bit different (better?) than some Google TV remotes. It’s a magic remote which contains a qwerty keyboard on the one side and when you turn it around you have full featured Android buttons: back, home, menu, search, … . The courser is controlled with infrared sensors like on the Nintendo Wii. If that is not enough Equiso has a build in accelerometer and gyroscope to for example play games where these features are needed or can be used.
That’s why I call it a magic remote.
Where to buy
The Kickstarter founding is over but it can be pre ordered on Amazon or ebay.
If you are an android developer I recommend you to take a closer look at this product because it’s definitely the easiest and cheapest why to test your App on a big screen device. A tablet or just a google TV box would cost way more than 69-99$.
Equiso also announced on kickstarter that they are going to provide a rooted and open source community rom on their website to download.